From this page you will be able to access a range of reference materials and resources in areas relevant to the work of Significance International.
The resources themselves will often be links to webpages, or listings of references to access in more traditional ways. These Resources pages will build over time.
1. SI Submissions, Commentaries and Grant Results: This page provides 'one-stop-shop' access to our submissions to national Inquiries, analysis of resulting policy documents, and appraisal of two grant programs of relevance to movable cultural heritage.
2. Official Standards: a page with a selection of Australian and international Standards relevant to the management and care of cultural and scientific collections. From here you can easily read about a Standard and proceed to purchase it from official retailer SAI Global.
Click here to read about Standards and to search in your more general fields of interest . Please note that if you click on this link SAI Global InfoStore will place a cookie on your computer which tracks your travel on their site, but does not record your identity.
3. Risk resources: this is essentially the reference list for the Risk Management for Collecting Organisations Workshop, complete with as many hyperlinks as possible, to make your searching easier.
4. Significance resources: this is the reference list for any Significance Assessment workshops we conduct. The critical resource for our teaching is Russell and Winkworth 2010 Significance 2.0: a guide to assessing the significance of collections.
Also included on this page is a .pdf file of the 'Significance 2.0 Summary Card' - a ready reference for collection fieldwork. You can download it and print it off to whatever standard you choose.
5. The 'Collections Management in Focus Survey' webpage presents information about a survey conducted by Veronica Bullock under an ICCROM Fellowship in 2010. Published articles are listed and data are provided for anyone who wants to use it in future research projects.